SharePoint 2010 Introduction and Planning
A deployment strategy for first-time SharePoint customers
Are you looking for a unified platform to combine data and processes to increase business productivity while driving down IT costs?
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 can help your business:
- Collaborate and innovate. Organizational knowledge gets where it needs to go. With advanced social computing tools, you can build more flexibility into your business. Ideas cross-pollinate, sparking innovation and new perspectives.
- Gain business insights and act. People across your organization get the ability to monitor and analyze up-to-date information. They can make informed decisions and speed up response times, both of which can give your business a competitive edge.
- Reduce risk. You control security levels and usage policies. Information is findable and useable by the right people, and content has policy and process attached.
RDA’s SharePoint 2010 Introduction and Planning offering will help you understand SharePoint 2010, plan to take advantage of the new features and develop a strategy to best leverage the platform to enhance information organization and access.
This two-week offering walks your organization through a planned regimen that reviews your existing systems and develops a plan for a smooth transition to the new environment. Beyond preparing for the new environment, RDA consultants will inform you of the benefits of SharePoint 2010 and assist you with information and planning to most effectively leverage the platform. RDA will provide you with a set of documents that details a clear implementation path as well as configuration and governance recommendations for the new environment.
- Implementation Roadmap
- Path to implement SharePoint
- Risks and mitigation strategies
- Deployment Plan
- Business drivers for the move
- Planned architecture for the new system
- Design considerations
- Overview of next step
- Governance Plan
- Establishes Governance Committee
- Defines rules for predictable and manageable growth, including site provisioning, acceptable usage, site ownership and support processes
- Migration Plan
- Migration of existing content and data
- Any reconfiguration required
Free your people to collaborate easily, and put them in contact with the knowledge they need!
Contact us today to get started!
White papers related to this solution: